In partnership with NASA, the Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority and Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS) is proud to offer full-service launch facilities for commercial, government, scientific and academic users both foreign and domestic.
Our mission is to provide low-cost, safe, reliable, "schedule friendly" space access. Today, amidst development and expansion to meet tomorrow's needs for our business partners, MARS continues to operate a multi-user spaceport at the NASA Wallops Flight Facility located on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
VCSFA MARS Missions
- ORS-1: Operationally Responsive Space (ORS) mission launched from MARS Pad 0B on June 29, 2011 at 2309 EDT.
- Antares Test Flight: Antares-Cygnus launched to orbit from MARS Pad 0A on April 21, 2013 at 1800 EDT.
- LADEE: Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer launched to the Moon from MARS Pad 0B on September 6, 2013 at 2357 EDT.
- Antares Demo Flight: Antares-Cygnus launched with cargo launched to the ISS from MARS Pad 0A on September 18, 2013 at 1058 EDT.
- ORS-3: Operationally Responsive Space (ORS) mission launched from MARS Pad 0B on November 19, 2013 at 2015 EST
- Antares CRS 1-8: Antares-Cygnus critical cargo resupply missions scheduled to launch to the ISS from MARS Pad 0A starting December 2013.
U.S. Air Force Successfully Launches The ORS-3 Mission to Orbit from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport in Virginia
November 19, 2013
Governor Bob McDonnell tonight congratulated the Department of Defense and Orbital Sciences Corporation on launch of the ORS-3 Mission from Virginia's spaceport, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport..More InfoOrbital Successfully Launches Cygnus Spacecraft Aboard Antares Rocket on COTS Demonstration Mission to the International Space Station
September 20, 2013
(Dulles, VA 18 September 2013) – Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB), one of the world’s leading space technology companies, today announced that it successfully launched its..More InfoOrbital Successfully Launches the Antares Space Launch Vehicle from Virginia to the International Space Station
September 18, 2013
Orbital Successfully Launches the Antares Space Launch Vehicle from Virginia to the International Space Station RICHMOND - Governor Bob McDonnell today congratulated Orbital Sciences..More InfoNASA Successfully Launches the LADEE Mission to the Moon from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport in Virginia
September 09, 2013
RICHMOND - Governor McDonnell tonight congratulated NASA and Orbital Sciences Corporation on the launch of the LADEE Mission to the Moon from Virginia's Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS)..More InfoGovernor McDonnell Announces New Partnership with Alaska to Strengthen Virginia’s Space Industry
August 29, 2013
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell and Alaska Governor Sean Parnell jointly announced today the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to establish a formal operating relationship between the..More Info